9) Choose the options on "Answer Problem Setup Wizard" as shown in fig. 1.6.
10) Click on "Apply" button.
11) A dialog window appears. This will guide us to set up the problem step by step.
12) We will create the new region within the flow domain. We can create a region either specifying the vertices or coordinates of the region. All ACRi software, including ANSWER™ allows names of length upto 8 characters starting with a letter and consisting of alphanumeric characters.
13) Click "Create new region" (see fig 1.7)
Fig - 1.7 : Window for creating new region
14) Click "Select Shape Sub-Category". A dialog window will appear (see Fig 1.8). Let the default highlighted option "Bounding Box Specified with Coordinates".
Fig - 1.8 : Panel for Creating region based on shape.
15) Click on the button ">>". This will bring up a child dialog box in which you can specify the minimum and maximum in X and Y directions. Enter the values as shown in Fig.1.9.
Fig - 1.9 : Dialog box for Coordinates Bounding Box
16) Click on CREATE. The corresponding region will be selected automatically. (See Fig. 2.0)
Fig - 2.0 : Created Region
The next region we need to specify is the inlet boundary. We will be creating a flow from left to right, where the inlet will be the remaining portion of the X- (left) boundary of the domain. (Note that the outlet will be the entire X+ (right) boundary of the domain, so we will not have to create a region for that. This will become clear as we proceed setting the boundary types.)
17) To create the inlet region which goes from (1,10) to (2,70), click "IJ/IJK Bounding Box >>" on Create New region dialog window and fill in the values as seen in Fig.2.1.
- Enter the Region name as INLET.
- Specify value of I from 1 to 2 and J from 10 to 70
Fig - 2.1 : IJK indices specification for region.
- Click on Create.
This concludes the creation of the grid and regions.
18) Click "Next" go to "Pre-defined Boundary Types" dialog window (see Fig 2.2). Here we will define the boundary types.
Fig 2.2 window for Pre-Defined Boundary Type.
# Back to CFDStudio/ANSWER Tutorials Page
# ANSWER Applications
# ANSWER Examples
# ANSWER Express
# ANSWER Publications
# ANSWER Users
# ANSWER Price List
# Request CFDStudio/ANSWER Demo
# CFDStudio/ANSWER Tutorials
# ANSWER Manual